This change aligns the backing data with the invoices that are issued, making it easier for Capacity Providers, CfD Generators and Suppliers to validate the information received. The associated data flows will be structured and named in line with the actual output from the Settlement System.
The existing data flows being updated are as follows:
- D0362 – CfD Supplier Invoice Backing Data
- D0363 – CfD Supplier Credit Cover
- D0365 – CfD Generator Invoice Backing Data
- D0364 – CM Supplier Invoice Backing Data
- D0366 – CM Capacity Provider Invoice Backing Data
You can view the data flows via the DTC Catalogue maintained by Electralink.
As well as the changes to the data flows, we will also be updating the CSV backing data format as part of this change to ensure consistency and alignment to all backing data formats.
In addition, the CSV backing data will introduce the following:
- Additional header row which will illustrate the data item name
- ‘E’ numbers which are only required for CSV backing data format thus not replicated in the data flows mentioned above. These ‘E’ numbers are specific to EMRS and are not supported via the Data Transfer Catalogue (DTC)
For Capacity Providers as part of this change creates a new Stress Event specific backing data for CM Stress Event Position (T070 – CM Stress Event Position). If a Stress Event occurred, this new backing data will be available to support Capacity Providers during the period the Capacity Volume Register (CVR) is published. The backing data will be available on My EMRS in a CSV backing data format to download.
To support Suppliers, CfD Generators and Capacity Providers in understanding the changes being made to the backing data we previously held a couple of webinars:
Update on the proposed changes to the EMR backing data
This webinar explains what changes are being made. This is illustrated to which data flows, corresponding T-File, group and data items.
The slides from the webinar are also available which will aid as a reference in understanding the changes further.
Capacity Provider session highlighted the new Stress Event specific EMR backing data
This video explains to Capacity Providers the new Stress Event specific EMR backing data. The changes highlighted during the webinar are as follows:
- Update backing data to provide increase transparency specifically for Stress Event in both data flow D0366 – CM Capacity Provider Invoice Backing Data and CSV format backing data.
- Create and implement new Stress Event specific backing data for CM Stress Event Position and CM Capacity Agreement Termination.
The slides presented during the session are also available which will aid as a reference in understanding the changes further.
These two webinars were delivered in March 2021 and the implementation details within the slides has changed.
For those EMR Parties who are RECCo Parties will be able to access both change proposals, ‘R0011 – Reporting of Additional EMR Backing Data’ and ‘R0039 – Revised Implementation data for R0011’ via the REC Portal.
As part of this change we have introduced new Interface Definition Documents (IDD):
Within the T File CSV Format Backing Data illustrates the data flows and the corresponding CSV backing data format, which are being updated as part of this change. You can also locate these documents on the righthand side and also within the new Interface Definitions section, within the Publication section.
The implementation of this change is aligned within RECCo release schedule on the 30 June 2023.
Suppliers, CfD Generators and Capacity Providers will start receiving the updated backing data from 30 June 2023 in both data flows via DTN and CSV format. The both formats will continue to be available on My EMRS to download (where applicable).