Contracts For Difference (CFD) Implementation EventPosted on:
On 23 October the Low Carbon Contracts Company and EMR Settlement Services Provider held a Supplier focused event on the Implementation on CFD.
What is this event about?
This event provided an opportunity for Suppliers to get the latest updates on Supplier Obligation Forecasting Model (SOFM), to learn about the advances on our transparency tool and to gain feedback from the expert working groups.
We will also be reporting on the completion and design of the Settlement System and holding a number of working sessions, giving you a chance to have your say and to ask any questions you may have about the process.
The following was covered:
- CFD Scheme Status Update
- Setting Supplier Obligation Interim Rate and Reserve
- EMR Settlement Services
- Settlement System – Progress update
- EMR Interfaces
- Consultation – A proposed approach for calculating suppliers demand
- Issue of Reserve Payment Notices
- DECC Consultation on the CFD Supplier Obligations
- What is coming up?
- Transparency Tool- Breakout session
- Settlement- Breakout session
Highlights from the event included:
Consultation on the proposed approach to calculating supplier demand for EMR charging
- Consultation and Response Form available on our website – https://www.emrsettlement.co.uk/publications/consultations/
- Responses to be sent to [email protected] by Thursday 6 November 14
- Details are contained within EMR Circular 20, please click here
MRA Change Proposal (DTC CP 3448) for EMR has been approved
- On Wednesday 8 October 2014 the MRA Change Proposal was approved the new Data Transfer Catalogue (DTC) flows.
- This implements five new DTC data flows that the EMR Settlement Services Provider will send to suppliers, CFD generator and capacity providers over the Data Transfer Network (DTN). This interface will be used to send invoice backing data and other EMR-related reports.
- You can locate the DTC Change Proposal 3448 on the MRASCo website, click here.
- Full details are contained within EMR Circular 19, please click here
DECC – Changes to the CFD supplier obligation
- Consultation – https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/emr-changes-to-the-cfd-supplier-obligation
- Respond by 5 November 14 and send to –[email protected]
DECC – Electricity Intensive Industries Consultation Event
DECC are holding a consultation event to discuss the questions posed in the EII implementation consultation
- Thursday 30 October 2014 from 14.30-17.00
- BIS offices, 1 Victoria Street, Westminster, SW1H 0ET
- Two sessions being held:
- Electricity Intensive Industries – 14.30-15.30
- Suppliers and HHDAs – 16.00-17.00
- To register email: [email protected]
If you have any questions please email [email protected].