Changes to EMRS Authorised Contacts now implementedPosted on:
Updated: 29 June 2020
We would like to inform Capacity Providers, CFD Generators and Suppliers that the changes to EMRS Authorised Contacts have been successfully implemented.
We initially contacted EMRS Authorised Contacts in early March 2020 to seek feedback on the proposed changes to the EMRS Authorised Contacts. Where possible we have made sure the changes are fit for purpose for EMR Parties whilst ensuring they support the implementation of our new Finance System.
What changes will be implemented to EMRS Authorised Contacts?
These are the following changes to the EMRS Authorised Contacts:
- Update the existing hierarchy to include only:
- Company Emails;
- Primary Party Authority;
- Finance Authority;
- Operating Authority;
- Credit Cover Contact;
- User; and
- Trading Contact (to be used in the event of a Stress Event or Mock Stress Event).
- The removal of:
- Finance Contact;
- Aggregation Rule Contact; and
- Meter Contact.
- The permissions of each role will be updated as displayed in Table 2
- Extend EMR Portal access from just Finance Authority and Finance Contact to all roles except Trading Contact.
- Late Payment Advice will be sent to Company Emails
An EMRS Authorised Contact will only be able to hold one role. Existing EMRS Authorised Contacts will be mapped in accordance with Table 3 below.
We have identified a small number of EMRS Authorised Contacts currently holding both Operating Authority and Credit Contact roles will lose some privileges as it is our intention to map these contacts to Operating Authority. If this affects you and you wish to be mapped to Credit Contact, then please let us know.
How will this impact EMR Parties with existing EMRS Authorised Contacts being removed?
Finance Contacts, Aggregation Rule Contacts and Metering Contacts will be changed to Users. This will provide those with the following privileges:
- Gain access to the EMR Portal
- Receive Aggregation Rule updates
- Receive information, including Late Payment Advice, Non-Payment Notice, Mutualisation Notice and Credit Default Notice.
Those who are Metering Contacts, we see no effect to Metering activities as you will still be able to interact with the EMRS Metering Team through [email protected] and the ESO Portal.
How do you update your EMRS Authorised Contacts?
What associated documents have been updated?
The associated documents have been updated to reflect these changes. The following Working Practices and Guidance’s documents are:
- WP21 – Supplier Registration and Form
- WP22 – Applicant & Capacity Provider Registration and Form
- WP24 – CFD Settlement Required Information
- WP31 – Amending EMR Party Details and Form
- G4 – EMR Settlement Authorisations
- G19 – EMRS Web Portal User Guide
Please click on the image to view.
Table 1 – Existing structure and permissions
Table 2 – Proposed structure and permissions
Table 3 – Current to New mappings