In preparation for the start of the 2020/21 Delivery Year Electricity Settlement Company (ESC) need Capacity Providers to have setup their Metering Pathways with EMRS by the 30 September 2020. EMRS receives metered volumes from three different Metering Pathways:
- Balancing Mechanism Units (BMU)
- Supplier Settlement (MPAN) via a Half Hourly Data Aggregators (HHDA)
- Capacity Provider must contact their respective Supplier to establish the data flows
- Self-submission CSV (Balancing Services and Bespoke)
- Uses a defined CSV format to upload data into the EMR Settlement System via Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) account with EMRS. Contact EMRS to setup an SFTP account
BMU and MPAN data is submitted in accordance with the BSC Settlement Calendar and this calendar is available on the ELEXON Portal. For more information, please see WP195 – Capacity Market and CFD Metered Data.
For those using the Self-submission CSV, Capacity Providers will need to set-up a SFTP account.
To be able to submit CSV files with Metered Volumes for your CMUs you will need to have a Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) account with EMRS. Email the Service Desk [email protected] to request a Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) account. EMRS will issue a username, password and the address of the SFTP site. Username and password will be sent separately.
Data submission requirements for the start of the Delivery Year 1 October 2020
EMRS will only accept data through your chosen Metering Pathway
- If you wish to change your Metering Pathway you can request to do so under Rule 8.3.3 (f) (ii).
- This request may not be approved or may be subject to a Metering Test being required to be passed before the Metering Pathway can be changed.
Metering Pathways should be setup so Metered Volumes are being submitted for the start of the Delivery Year
- Where a Baseline is required (DSR CMUs and Storage) data is required for six weeks’ before the start of the Delivery Year.
- In case a Stress Event occurs on 1 October 2020.
We’d strongly encourage Capacity Providers to regularly submit metered volumes to EMRS. How this is submitted will depend on the metering configurations and their associated metering pathways. Metered Data submitted is now available on the EMRS Portal and further details available in EMRC210.
The above areas were discussed at last month’s EMR DB Event and the relevant slides are available here from page 56. Further supporting information on Metering Pathways and the CSV file are available in WP195 – Capacity Market and CFD Metered Data.
If you have any technical Metering queries regarding your Metering Pathways please contact the EMRS Metering Team: [email protected] or for other queries to complete these processes please contact EMRS Service Desk on [email protected] or call 020 7380 4333.