EMRS successfully implemented improvements to Settlement processesPosted on:
EMRS would like to inform Capacity Providers and Suppliers that we have successfully implemented two changes. These changes are:
- Improvements to the return of Capacity Market Credit Cover process
- Automation of Supplier Capacity Market Demand Forecast
Improvements to the return of Capacity Market Credit Cover process
This change improves the return of Credit Cover for Capacity Providers and Suppliers to support fraud prevention. This introduces an additional check on the originator bank account for the return of Credit Cover against the bank account used for payment.
Automation of Supplier Capacity Market Demand Forecast
This change introduces automation of Supplier Capacity Market (CM) Demand Forecast including the process of requesting, collating and inputting Suppliers demand into the Settlement System. The benefits of introducing the automation is it will reduce the manual effort currently associated to this activity and therefore reduces risk in the creation of the Supplier Demand Forecasts for Suppliers.
Suppliers will experience the following steps:
- Suppliers will receive an email including the Supplier CM Demand Forecast in CSV format and a new PDF attachment explaining how to complete the process.
- We will issue automated email reminders to those who have not submitted a valid forecast.
- Supplier will receive email notification when their Supplier CM Demand Forecast has been successfully loaded into the EMRS System.
- Supplier will receive notification when their Supplier CM Demand Forecast fails to load within one Working Day.
- If no Supplier Demand Forecast is received from a Supplier, the Settlement System will generate a forecast to be used.
In April 2021, we will inform Suppliers of all the necessary information and timescales associated with the completion of the CM Demand Forecast as we normally have done in previous years.
To calculate the monthly Supplier Charge and Credit Cover requirements we use the Supplier CM Demand Forecast data received. Once calculated, we confirm to Suppliers in their monthly schedule their Supplier Charge and Credit Cover requirements for the Delivery Year.
What documents have we updated?
This table illustrates the documents we have updated for each of these changes.
|Improvements to the return of Capacity Market Credit Cover process||WP35 – Capacity Market Applicant Credit Cover & Credit Cover Return Form
WP45 – Supplier CM Credit Cover
|Automation of Supplier Capacity Market Demand Forecast
|WP5 – Supplier CM Demand Forecast
G12 – Supplier Capacity Market Demand Forecast