EMRS, on behalf of Electricity Settlements Company (ESC) would like to advise Capacity Providers the EMRS documents have been updated to reflect the Capacity Market (Amendment) (No.2) Rules 2020 changes in response to the consultation on Capacity Market: proposal to relax the rules temporarily in response to COVID-19.
These changes apply to those of you who can explain how the effects of COVID-19 have caused delays for the following:
- Unproven DSR CMUs holding T-1 or T-4 agreements for capacity obligations which begin in Delivery Year 2020/21 are allowed additional time to comply with the Metering Assessment, Metering Test and DSR Test deadlines (up to 17 September 2021 for the Metering Test; up to 31 August 2021 for the DSR Test).
- Prospective CMUs are allowed additional time to comply Metering Assessment and Metering Test deadlines up to the Extended Long Stop Date of 30 September 2021. This includes CMUs:
- New Build CMUs holding T-1 agreements for capacity obligations which begin in Delivery Year 2020/21;
- Refurbishing CMUs holding T-1 and T-4 agreements for capacity obligations which begin in Delivery Year 2020/21; and
- New Build CMUs holding T-4 agreements for capacity obligations which began in Delivery Year 2019/20.
Further details are available in these documents to reflect the changes:
- WP197 – Capacity Market Metering Test (Section 3.1)
- G1 – Capacity Market Metering (Section 14)
These documents are available on the Working Practice and Guidance webpages. In addition, to support Capacity Providers, the EMR Delivery Body have developed a set of guidance notes and FAQs to explain all the changes. This COVID-19 Guidance is available on the EMR Delivery Body website.