ELEXON is looking to run a workshop at its offices on behalf of DECC to discuss how to implement DECC’s Electricity Market Reform (EMR) Demand Side Response Metering Option (a) – use of the Half Hourly Data Aggregator.
This Worksop seeks to develop the HHDA metering option proposed by DECC in its October consultation ‘EMR Proposals for Implementation’ and discussed at a workshop held by DECC in November 2013. This option proposes:
- Capacity provider identifies the relevant Metering Point Administration Numbers (MPANs), and informs the Capacity Market (CM)Settlement Agent
- Capacity provider contacts the Supplier(s) for those MPANs, and instructs them to provide data to the CM Settlement Agent
- Supplier(s) sends Data Transfer Catalogue (DTC) data flows to relevant HHDA(s), instructing them to provide data to the CM Settlement Agent
- HHDA(s) process the flows from the Supplier, setting a flag against the relevant MPANs in their database, and sending a confirmation to the Supplier over the Data Transfer Network (DTN) that the instruction has been accepted
- Each subsequent Aggregation Run performed by the HHDA produces a file of Metered Data for the relevant MPANs, which is sent to the CM Settlement Agent over the DTN
Who is impacted?
This proposal will impact Suppliers, HHDAs, and the CM Settlement Agent. It may also impact Half Hourly Data Collectors (HHDCs).
Would you like to join the workgroup?
We are looking to hold an initial workshop on Monday 24 March orWednesday 26 March between 10.00 to 15.00. If you would like to join the group please email [email protected] by 17.00 on Wednesday 19 March 2014, indicating your availability for the proposed dates.
We propose the workgroup comprises of Suppliers and Supplier Agents (specifically HHDCs and HHDAs) along with other relevant experts and interested parties.
The following documents provide more information on the proposal:
- The strawman discussed at DECC’s November workshop
- The strawman DTC changes
- The BSC and BSCP draft changes (coming soon).
If you would like more information, please contact Lawrence Jones on 0207 380 4118.
In November 2013, ELEXON published the draft changes to the BSC that are needed to give effect to EMR. Since then we have discussed and further developed the BSC changes with DECC, Ofgem and National Grid.
On Wednesday 15 January 2014 DECC launched EMR Consultation on industry code and licence modifications and the draft BSC and Transmission Licence changes on its proposed changes to all of the industry licences and codes that are impacted by EMR, including Section C3 of the Transmission Licence and the BSC.
Deadline for comments to DECC is Thursday 13 February 2014.
ELEXON has also responded to the Government’s ‘Electricity Market Reform: Consultation on Proposals for Implementation’ and you can find our response on the Industry Insights webpage here.